Bad cholesterol or a bad diet is something we all experience at some point in time. It’s impossible to eat healthy our whole lives, even though we may try hard to do it. Eating healthy for your heart is something everyone should try to do, especially when it comes to restoring health and reducing heart attacks.
Eating for a Healthy Heart – Sports Nutrition 101 with Maxwell Alexander, MA, BFA, Fitness Model, Certified Elite Fitness Trainer, Certified Bodybuilding Coach, Certified Sports Nutrition Specialist – Presented by GREEN5 Supplements
Your heart and food
We know these things for sure – a diet high in saturated fats will help raise your cholesterol, which is a risk factor for heart disease. People that are obese are more prone to heart disease. A diet high in sodium may elevate your blood pressure, leading to inflammation and even heart disease.
To help prevent heart disease and improve your health, put the tips below to good use.
Eat plenty of fish
Herring, sardines, and salmon are all excellent sources of Omega 3 essential fatty acids. Other fish are great too, although Omega 3 may help to get your cholesterol down to a healthier level.
Choosing healthy fats and oils
Saturated fat will increase the risk of heart disease. It’s found in meat, butter, and even coconut oil. You should avoid them until your cholesterol levels are down and you are at a healthy weight. Even those that love red meats can enjoy seafood and nuts for their main sources of protein.
Monounsaturated fats such as olive oils will help you to protect your heart. Olive oil is an ideal choice for cooking, dressing, or even as a dipping sauce.
Plenty of fiber
Fiber can help you control your cholesterol. You can find fiber in whole grain products to help control sugar absorption as well, which will help you keep your digestive system healthy.
Eating for your heart involves staying away from sugary foods such as candy, cookies, cakes, and pastries. Eating a lot of sugar isn’t good for your heart disease at all. Healthy carbohydrates involve whole grain breads, whole grain pasta, brown
rice, and a lot of vegetables. You should make fruits and vegetables the main aspect of your diet.
Healthy cooking methods
Stir frying and sauteing with olive oil or canola oil are both great methods, as you shouldn’t dip your food in batter and fry it anymore. If you cook chicken, remove the skin and bake it in the oven in foil.
Instead of frying your fish you should always bake it. Steaming your vegetables can help maintain the most nutrients. You should use cream sauces or lots of butter anymore either. When you eat vegetables, try squeezing lemon juice on them or using your favorite seasonings.
As you make the proper changes to your diet, keep in mind that it takes time for them to become habits. Eating healthy is always great for your body and your lifestyle, especially when it comes to your heart and the prevention of heart disease.
As a fitness trainer and sports nutrition coach I also know that many of us have an extremely busy lifestyle and balanced nutrition is not always an option. Therefore I always recommend my clients to support their fitness and bodybuilding diet with natural supplements.
Green5 Beetroot Supplement is a great option for someone who wants to get a natural boost of nitric oxide and CoQ10 in their healthy diet. Here are the top benefits of Beetroot + CoQ10 Supplement by Green5:
- A MUST IN YOUR DIET: Looking for a way of ensuring that your body receives an optimal nitrate intake on a daily basis? Make sure you enjoy long-term blood pressure support and help your body improve performance with the GREEN 5 organic beet root vegan capsules!
- PREMIUM QUALITY INGREDIENTS: These organic beetroot supplement capsules are made with superior quality ingredients, a 1350mg powerful formula with COQ10 which contains no GMOs, milk, nuts, gluten, preservatives or artificial colors!
- NUTRIENT PACKED: These organic beet powder capsules support on overall healthy cardiovascular system, at the same time promoting healthy blood circulation and pressure. Rich in essential nitrates, this supplement may help improve brain oxygen supply, supporting better cognitive functions.
- IMPROVED PERFORMANCE: The GREEN 5 super beets capsules contain 100mg COQ10, functioning as a powerful antioxidant which helps fight free radicals. The high nitrate content combined with coenzymes promotes increased energy levels and superior performance!
- 60-CAPSULE CONTAINER: Green5 Organic beetroot powder supplements are made in safest manufacturing facilities and are 3rd party certified, arriving in a safely sealed 60-capsule container which is enough for a 1-month course.