Every room in a house requires a face-lift or organizing once in a while. Many people have home offices that require decorating. If this is your dilemma, you have help since there are many ideas for home office decorating. Planning a home office project doesn’t have to be expensive which is great because perhaps you can afford a professional decorator to transform your home office. Creativity goes a long way when you are home office decorating.
Inspiring Wall Art – Ideas for Home Office Decorating – by Designer/Fine Art Photographer Maxwell Alexander
Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a separate room for their home office. The main thing to remember in home office decorating is to do your best with what you’ve got. You may have to set up your home office in a closet, a corner of your living room, on a stair landing, or in a spare room. Wherever your home office may be in your home, there are ways to decorate it, making it a comfortable and enjoyable place to work.
Once you’ve decided on a space for your home office, you’ll need a plan. Doing the home office decorating yourself will save time and money. Painting is something you can definitely do. When choosing colors for your home office, a fresh lively color or a calming color would be the best choice. These tones will set the mood for your workspace. To jazz it up a little, you might want to use stenciling around your desk or perhaps wallpaper one wall to enhance the space you have.
When looking for ideas for home office decorating, why not look around your home? No doubt there are pieces of furniture that aren’t being used. Perhaps there’s a comfortable chair you can take for your home office. If space is a big issue, you might want to build a desk. Building a desk for your home office decorating project can be as simple as laying a piece of the board on top of a filing cabinet or a smaller table. Home office decorating doesn’t mean you have to rush out to an office furnishing store and max out your credit card. You can decorate a home office using items you already have or if you’d like something different, why not visit a few charity shops or garage sales? You are guaranteed to find something useful that will cost you very little.
If you’ll be spending a fair amount of time in your home office space, it is important to include details that will inspire you such as artwork or music. Lighting is also essential in a workspace. If you are decorating a small area, lamps may be best for lighting. Plants are also nice in a home office. Choosing a favorite plant to put in your workspace would surely be inspiring. Photos of family and happy memories are nice to have in your home office. If space is an issue, you may want to choose one wall to hang your artwork and photos. Another wall can be used for shelving, to store your office supplies, books, and necessities for your work. It would be great if you could leave at least one wall fairly clear, too much is often distracting.
Here are Top 10 Ideas on how to bring more nature into your office space:
- Hanging nature-inspired wall art can create a focal point in the room and bring a sense of the outdoors inside.
- Consider using nature-inspired patterns or prints in your office decor, such as botanical or landscape designs.
- Use natural materials like wood, stone, or woven textiles in your office decor to bring a sense of the outdoors inside.
- Incorporate natural elements like wood, stones, or shells into your office decor to add texture and interest to the space.
- Use natural wood furniture to bring a sense of warmth and coziness to the office space.
- Incorporate natural light through windows or skylights to create a bright and inviting space.
- Use natural colors like greens, blues, and earth tones to create a calm and relaxing atmosphere in the office.
- Create a nature-inspired gallery wall with a collection of nature-inspired artworks, prints and photos.
- Use a nature-inspired accent wall in a neutral-colored office to add a pop of color and interest to the space.
- Incorporate nature-inspired decor accessories like a terrarium, a moss wall, or a natural wood wall panel to bring a touch of nature to the office.
There are many great ideas for home office decorating. If you seem to be at a standstill with your project, make use of some of the great resources available such as home office decorating magazines and catalogs, television decorating programs, and the Internet. Each of these suggestions will provide many useful ideas for home office decorating.