O, or Osun (pronounced “ocean”) Zotique, as our nation’s first openly transgender non-binary congressional candidate, proudly announces the foundation of an exploratory committee for the United States Congressional seat of the 19th District of New York, launching May 18th, 2022.
HUDSON, NY | May 17, 2022
With a desire to move forward and honor the legacy of lieutenant governor and former congressman Antonio Delgado, Zotique aims to advance efforts regionally and nationally towards shattering glass ceilings and barriers to entry in political representation, particularly for young and queer leaders.
Zotique’s entire career has been spent in the public eye, educating people about the spectrum of gender, prioritizing safety for individuals outside the binary, and diminishing physical and emotional harm to our queer youth, trans women of color, and others. In seeking higher office, Zotique wishes to elevate the visibility of the city of Hudson, in addition to teaching our local queer youth that their leadership and their voices are essential.
None of the existing NY-19 Congress candidates offer adequate educational platforms, including protecting the rights and experiences of the most vulnerable students and families, including LGBTQ+ and immigrants.
Zotique embodies the aforementioned identities, blending compassion, understanding and experience that can—should—enrich the representation of the Central Hudson Valley of New York State.
ABOUT OSUN ZOTIQUE
Zotique is a state-certified educator, community leader, and PhD candidate. As a person who is neither man nor woman, they embody the unity that our country needs now. As an artist and creative practice researcher, Zotique specializes in divergent thinking and transformative leadership, skills that are most needed in our moment of global crisis and legislative fracas.
For further press information, please contact – email@example.com
- Campaign IG – @osunforny
- Campaign Twitter – @osunforny
- Website – COMING SOON: osunforny.com
- Phone number – 518.444.3774
Zotique platform –
- Research + expand on the Hudson Universal Base Income project
- Revise the NYS Opportunity Zones of 2017 w/ add’l community involvement + input
- Revise 2017 Trump policy of $10k in 529 money to payoff student debt to Unlimited.
- Forgive all Direct Student Loans (subsidized and unsubsidized)
- Add Student Debt Subcommittee to Consumer Protection Bureau
- Review school culture around State Testing Season
- Audit State Testing Grading contractors
- Statewide pronoun acknowledgment in NY DASA
- National version of NY Dignity for all Students Act
- Optional National Sex Ed Curriculum tied to add’l block grant funding
- National Teacher Cert that emphasizes research based learning, discovery + STEAM
Community Health and Wellness
- Expand education around Essential Plan and healthcare options
- Healthcare marketplace station in every municipality office
- Allow HSA for *any* HMO plan w/ qualifying income
- Keep retirement age at 65
- Get holistic practitioners covered under insurance
- Protect national parks from mineral extraction
- Give the bundle of all 5 of real estate rights back to tribes (with partnership and consultation)
- Reduce PFOA and Teflon® content of drinking water in Newburgh and Hoosick Falls
- Make the upper Hudson River swimmable again
- 5x the number of 0% down USDA Mortgages being written for affordable housing in Mid Hudson Valley
- 10x the number of USDA RH Section 514 Income-Based Rural Housing in the District
- Keep the government out of people’s pants and uteruses (with national legislation)
- X gender marker on Drivers Licenses (to catch up w passport and NYCID)
- Review SSN and Passport gender marker change process
- Remove Rx requirement for Plan B, PREP, and PEP
- Create a Chosen Family kinship agreement that conveys comparable tax status as a Nuclear Family / Married Filing Jointly. (e.g. for nontraditional household units )