Just recently I had an opportunity to stay at the amazing Hawk's Nest Cabin in Port Jervis and really felt like it was a life-changing experience that everyone has to try one day. We all know that travel is one thing that helps us escape the misery of daily routines and recharges our capacity for enthusiasm, but this time it felt like a whole next level just because of the inspiring natural setting that the cabin is surrounded by. Not to mention, you'd have to drive on the most picturesque winding road in the entire Northeast – The Hawk's Nest Highway which is just 2 minutes away from the cabin.
Before we get to the cabin and why you should consider staying there for your next vacation in the Catskills region, check out these simple tips on how nature can help you change your perspective on life.
5 Ways Being in Nature Will Change Your Perspective on Life
It's never too late to take a deep breath, step away from your phone, and open your eyes to nature. It is easier than you think, and you can do it practically anywhere.
- Look up at the sky - stars provide a sense of wonder that cannot be found in the city.
- Listen closely to the sounds of nature - try counting how many different birds or crickets you hear in one minute!
- Remember that we are all interconnected - notice how plants and animals depend on each other for survival, including humans!
- Participate in some physical activity outdoors - challenge yourself by trying an obstacle course or hiking up a mountain!
- Enjoy the peace and quiet by observing the small things - it's hard to find this anywhere else but nature. I do it by zooming in on nature's beauty through macro photography, which is my way of meditation.
In today’s busy world, finding time to relax and unwind can be challenging. Instead of spending time in the city or at your home, consider spending time away from it all at the Hawks Nest Cabin in Port Jervis, NY. With its stunning views of the Delaware River and surrounding hills, it’s an ideal destination for those who want to disconnect from the world and connect with nature. Here are 10 reasons why you should book your next vacation at the Hawks Nest Cabin and reconnect with nature this fall!
- The Hawks Nest cabin is an amazing space with breathtaking views of the Delaware River.
- This contemporary cottage has all the comforts of home, plus a large hot tub and fire pit that you can enjoy in your downtime.
- You will be surrounded by nature with deer, hawks, herons, and foxes just outside your windows. In fact, one early morning during my stay, I saw a black bear strolling around the cabin!
- Hiking trails are available down the road for exploration when you need a break from your meditation in the cabin or just want to take in the outdoors firsthand.
- There’s river access where you can go kayaking on warm days (or fish if you like and have the license).
- When it gets dark out, relax in front of the roaring woodburning stove, watch movies on Netflix on their smart TV, play games, cook dinner...you get the idea!
- There’s also wifi so you don’t have to disconnect completely! Though I prefer to shut down my phone when I'm on vacay 🙂
- The hot tub was my favorite part and I enjoyed a delicious glass of wine (compliments of the hosts) while listening to the birds and watching the sunset.
- All this and it’s less than two hours away from NYC!
- Did I mention there's no shortage of natural beauty here?