As the old saying goes, beauty is pain, and nowhere is that more true than skincare. Skin treatments like chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and laser skin rejuvenation can be daunting, but they totally worth it. The Advanced Skin Med Spa in Newburgh, NY offers a wide range of aesthetic treatments and products to help you achieve the perfect complexion.
Start it off right by visiting an advanced skincare med spa
You deserve to look and feel your best. And part of that is taking care of your skin. But with all of the skincare products and advice out there, it can be hard to know where to start or what really works. That’s why we went straight to the source and asked the experts at Advanced Skin Med Spa in Newburgh, NY for their top tips. Here are 10 secrets to flawless skin, straight from the pros:
- Get bespoke skincare regimen advice from a certified professional.
- Cleanse your face every morning and night.
- Exfoliate regularly to slough off dead skin cells and reveal brighter, smoother skin.
- 4. Drink lots of water! It hydrates the skin and helps prevent breakouts.
- Wear sunscreen year-round – not just during summer months – to help shield against premature aging, UV damage, and even cancer!
- Don’t forget SPF when you’re wearing makeup! Sunscreen should go on first and then follow up with foundation.
- 7. Be mindful of the ingredients in your beauty products and make sure they don’t contain any harsh chemicals like parabens, sulfates, petrochemicals, or phthalates.
- Make time for self-care: light some candles; meditate; try yoga; get a massage!
- Protect yourself from further sun exposure by applying an antioxidant serum containing vitamins C or E before going outside (especially if you’ve been sitting in front of a computer screen all day).
- When choosing an eye cream, make sure it matches your skin tone so that it doesn’t show through under your eyes.
Find out how much sun is too much
A little sun is good for you – it helps your body produce vitamin D. But too much sun exposure can damage your skin, causing premature aging, wrinkles, and even skin cancer. The best way to protect yourself is to use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. And don’t forget to reapply it every two hours, even on cloudy days. If you are going to be out in the sun for longer than 10 minutes, put on a hat and wear UV-blocking sunglasses. You should also avoid tanning beds at all costs!
Get tips on maintenance from your med spa professionals
Get regular facials. At the very least, get a facial every month. This will help to deep clean your pores and keep your skin looking its best. Be consistent with your skincare routine. It’s important to find products that work for you and then use them consistently. This means using them every day, even when you don’t feel like it.
Try new products but don’t stop using old favorites
Here at Advanced Skin Med Spa, we’re always trying out new products and treatments to find the best of the best for our clients. But even though we love trying new things, we never stop using old favorites. After all, if something isn’t broke, there’s no need to fix it!
Take care of your lips too!
The skin on your lips is thinner and more delicate than the skin on the rest of your face, so it’s important to take extra care of them. Here are some tips for keeping your lips looking their best:
- Apply lip balm or petroleum jelly every day (you can even keep one in your pocket for those times when you need an instant moisturizer)
- Exfoliate with a sugar scrub once or twice per week to remove dead cells
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and avoiding alcohol consumption
Know your hormonal breakouts
Hormonal breakouts are those pesky pimples that show up around your chin and jawline right before your period. They’re caused by an increase in testosterone, which causes the sebaceous glands to produce more oil. The good news is that there are things you can do to minimize their appearance. Here are 10 tips from the experts at Advanced Skin Med Spa in Newburgh, NY
Eat well but don’t forget dessert
Eating a healthy diet is important for maintaining good skin, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up dessert. In fact, some sweet treats can actually be good for your skin. Studies show that people who consume high levels of flavonoids (which are found in fruits like blueberries and strawberries) have an increased amount of elasticity in their skin and reduced lines and wrinkles. The key is to not go overboard with the sweets; instead, try including just one or two servings per day.
Keep track of what you eat and drink
The food and drinks you consume have a direct impact on the health of your skin. To maintain clear, youthful-looking skin, it’s important to limit your intake of sugar, alcohol, and processed foods. Instead, focus on eating plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Also, be sure to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day.
Hydrate with lots of water during the day
The skin is an organ, and just like the rest of your organs, it needs water to function properly. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day will help keep your skin hydrated, which can prevent dryness, flakiness, and fine lines and wrinkles. Not to mention, it will also help flush out toxins that can cause breakouts.
Sleep enough hours for youthful skin
Most people need around eight hours of sleep per night—and that’s for good reason. Getting enough shut-eye has been linked with better skin health, including improved elasticity and fewer wrinkles. If you don’t believe us, just ask the ladies at Advanced Skin Med Spa in Newburgh, NY. They’ve been helping their clients achieve flawless skin for years and they know a thing or two about what it takes to get there.