While many may have thought of hair loss as an exclusively a male problem, the truth is that hair loss can affect men, women and even children. There are many factors that can lead to hair loss, heredity may be one of them. There are also some things you can do to stop the process, you can learn how to avoid thinning of hair.
Five Easy Tips for Men and Women on How to Avoid Thinning Hair – Presented by Hebe Medical Spa, Fishkill, NY
Here are some easy things you can do starting right now that may prevent further hair loss and even help you regrow some of the hair you’ve already lost:
1. So much attention is paid to the hair itself that the scalp goes largely un-thought of, and that is a mistake. Think of a garden, you’ll never have healthy plants if you don’t have quality soil for those plants. Your scalp is like the ‘soil’ for your hair, it needs to be healthy in order to produce a healthy ‘crop’ of hair. Make sure when you shampoo your hair, which you should do often to prevent a buildup of dirt and oils and residue from hair care products, that you take some time to do a gentle scalp massage.
2. Take it easy on the harmful things you do to your hair and be careful which products you use. When looking for shampoos and conditioners you should consider all natural products. Many shampoos today have sulfates in them. These are very harsh chemicals and they were put in shampoo to create foam, but the long term effect on your hair, and your body as a whole, can be very serious. Also go easy on the perms, hair coloring and heated styling devices that you use. Instead try to let your hair air dry as much as possible and if you do want to color your hair wait at least 6 weeks between each treatment.
3. Try to avoid hair styles that can break your hair. Things like pony tails and cornrows are horrible for your hair since they will tear, rip and stretch the hair which can cause permanent damage. Try to wear these hair styles sparingly.
4. Make sure to keep your hair healthy by keeping your body healthy. Eat right. Make sure you get the proper vitamins and minerals. Also drink plenty of water and get enough sleep. We often forget that what happens on the outside of our bodies, such as hair loss, is sometimes a direct result of what’s going on inside of our bodies. Good looks start on the inside.
5. You can amp up your diet by taking supplements. Calcium, in particular, has been shown to help strengthen the the hair roots and hair follicles at the scalp which can lead to more and thicker growth.
We’ve learned a lot about our bodies in the last several decades. We now know that some things are not inevitable and that we do have some control. There are ways to learn how to avoid thinning of hair. By following some of the tips we’ve listed above you can keep your full head of healthy, beautiful, flowing hair for much longer just by making a few simple changes to your daily routine.
For those who is looking to improve their hair health and appearance, Hebe Medical Spa in Fishkill, NY provides a variety of hair restoration services recommended on the specific needs of each client.
What are PEP Factors?
As a groundbreaking technology, PepFactor is currently the world’s first, only and uniquely formulated protein that stimulates fibroblasts for hair growth. This natural formulation is designed to provide youthful-looking structure within its properties for skin and for scalp rejuvenation and is intended for those experiencing hair loss.
PepFactor works by stimulating the assembly of natural fibroblasts in the skin and scalp, which consequently dramatically increases collagen and elastin in the desired areas. This process results in an unsurpassed rejuvenation of both the skin and scalp. What makes PepFactor so unique is the 146 amino acid polypeptide chain because it is the only bio-identical, mature protein available currently in the US.
Baldness is a significant concern for a number of adults, whether it’s brought on by genetics, age, hormones, health conditions, or from styling practices and/or products. PEP Factor is a premier nonsurgical treatment for men and women that is showing
remarkable results in slowing, stopping, and even reversing baldness. Any person experiencing balding is potentially a good candidate for PEP Factor treatments, while patients with early hair loss tend to respond best.
Our Medical director Dr. Zainab Mogul-Ashraf of Hebe Medical Spa is one of only a very small number of hair restoration specialists to be able to perform this revolutionary treatment in Dutchess, Orange, Putnam and Westchester counties.Get in touch with Hebe Spa today to discuss treatment options using PEP factors.
The Keralase Treatment combines the LaseMD Ultra Fractional laser with something known as Kerafactor Serum. The newest trend in hair treatment is designed to stimulate hair growth in both men and women who are experiencing traditional classic adult hair thinning, or more commonly for women who see sudden hair loss after pregnancy, or during the postmenopausal years.
What is Kerafactor?
Kerafactor was designed to address thinning hair with a hyper specific selection of 5 bio-identical growth factors accompanied with two skin proteins. It was designed after extensive research into the complexities of hair loss. The treatment can result in scenarios where each growth factor’s concentration is significantly increased and tailored for scalp revitalization for the patient. This customized approach answers those typical growth factor deficiencies causing hair loss and poor scalp health. The skin proteins assist in scalp circulation as well as hair health. Kerafactor delivers large quantities of key growth factors and proteins into the scalp that lead to significant improvement in scalp health and vascularization – leading to hair rejuvenation.