When it comes to cowboy hats, there are two camps. You either see them as the ultimate fashion accessory, or you think they’re better suited for farmers and rodeo riders than city folk and high-paid executives. If you’re not sure if you can pull off wearing cowboy hats, read on! In this blog, we’ll discuss the different types of hats, what styles are best suited to your face shape, and how to choose the right one for you—all so that you can make an informed decision when it comes time to buy your first hat!
Fashion Facts about Cowboy Hats
No matter what your style is, there’s a cowboy hat out there for you. And yes, even if you’re not from Texas (or anywhere near it), you can still rock the look. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right cowboy hat:
- Cowboy hats are traditionally made from fur felt. If you’re looking for a more affordable option, straw is a good choice.
- The shape of your cowboy hat should complement the shape of your face. If you have a round face, go for a hat with a wide brim.
- When it comes to color, there are no hard and fast rules. However, if you want to stay true to the traditional cowboy look, go for a natural hue like brown or black. For something a little more flashy, try one in bright colors like white or even neon pink.
- You’ll notice that most cowboys don’t wear their hats indoors. When wearing yours inside, take care to loosen the band so that it doesn’t squeeze your head too tight.
- Cowboy hats are often worn with suits by country singers on stage and actors playing cowboys on TV. It doesn’t take much effort to make this happen–simply buy a western suit jacket and attach an authentic cowboy hat to complete the outfit! (I don’t rock my cowboy hats that way, but you might try the traditional route first 🙂
Reasons not to wear a cowboy hat
Yes, cowboy hats are undeniably stylish. But before you go out and buy one, there are a few things you should consider. For starters, cowboy hats can be really expensive. Plus, they’re not always the most practical choice – they can be hot to wear in the summer and they’ll make you stand out in a crowd (which may or may not be a good thing, unless you are an influencer like myself). And finally, you need to have the confidence to rock a cowboy hat.
Tips for wearing cowboy hats in an unexpected way
Cowboy hats are no longer just for ranch hands and country boys. In recent years, they’ve become a popular fashion accessory for men of all styles. But can you really pull off wearing a cowboy hat? Here are some tips to make sure you’re making the right choice:
- Know your face shape: If you have an oval-shaped face, then the size of the hat is up to your personal preference. For guys with rounder faces, it’s best to stick with a shorter brimmed cowboy hat (because large brims can make round faces look even wider).
- Consider your style: More casual or sporty outfits work well with straw or felt cowboy hats. Dressier outfits will go better with beaver fur or sheepskin cowboys hats.
- Avoid the tourist cliché: If you want to wear a cowboy hat but don’t want to risk looking like everyone else in the crowds, choose one that is made from unique materials such as buffalo hide or deer antler.
- Own it: When wearing any type of hat, whether a cowboy hat or not, it’s important that you carry yourself with confidence in order to not appear nervous when people stare at you, cause they will!
How to shop for your first cowboy hat
The great thing about cowboy hats is that they come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. So, no matter what your personal style is, there’s definitely a cowboy hat out there for you. But with so many options to choose from, shopping for your first cowboy hat can be a bit overwhelming. Here are a few tips to help you find the perfect cowboy hat:
- If you’re worried about looking too flashy or silly, start small by choosing a smaller-brimmed felt hat or straw cowboy hat instead of a wide-brimmed cowboy hat made of leather.
- Keep in mind that most men wear their cowboy hats tipped back on their heads (instead of tipped down).
- If you’re going to wear your cowboy hat often, it might be worth investing in one made of leather as opposed to the fabric which will require more upkeep.
How to take care of your new-found treasure
So you’ve taken the plunge and bought yourself a cowboy hat. Congratulations! But now that you’ve got it, how do you take care of it? Here are a few tips on taking care of your new-found treasure:
- Never touch the outside with your hands. The oils on your skin will tarnish the fibers.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or artificial light sources.
- Protect from dust by brushing off any debris before storing.
- Brush off any debris after wearing to prevent dirt buildup and stains.
- Remove as much dust as possible by using a soft brush before placing it in storage for extended periods of time to avoid rusting metal parts such as metal buttons, snaps, and rivets.
Cowboy hat styling ideas
As someone who loves fashion, I’m always on the lookout for the latest trends. And lately, it seems like cowboy hats are having a moment. I’ve seen them all over Instagram and even in real life. But can you really pull off wearing a cowboy hat? They seem to be mainly worn by male celebrities or other stylish men who already have a cool vibe going on. If you’re not one of those guys, then the answer is… YES! If they can do it, so can you! It might not be for everyone but at least now you know what to do when people ask can I wear a cowboy hat?
A Standout Hat for the Western Lover: A Review of the Black Straw Cowboy Hat
For those who love Western fashion, the black straw cowboy hat has become one of the trendiest accessories to own and wear. The hat’s popularity stems from its versatility and simple style, making it an elegant accessory that complements practically any outfit or occasion – from casual to formal, Western to everyday casual. No matter how you choose to wear your black straw cowboy hat, you can rest assured that this stylish hat will complement your wardrobe and your look. Read on for more about this versatile western hat and why it’s one of the best in the business!
What is a black straw cowboy hat?
The black straw cowboy hat is a versatile and stylish piece of headwear that is perfect for any western lover. Made from 100% straw, this hat is lightweight and comfortable to wear, while still providing ample sun protection. The hat also features a wide brim that is ideal for shading your face from the harsh rays of the sun. Plus, the straw material is breathable and will help keep your head cool in warm weather.
How to pick out the right size
When it comes to cowboy hats, size is everything. The hat should fit snugly around your head, with the brim resting just above your eyebrows. If it’s too big, it’ll look silly; too small, and it’ll be uncomfortable. Here’s how to find the right size cowboy hat for you! First, measure the circumference of your head by wrapping a measuring tape around it and using this measurement to figure out what size hat you will need. (You can also use a ruler if you don’t have a measuring tape.) Second, try on different-sized hats until you find one that fits perfectly! Lastly, always try on a hat before buying it to make sure it looks good and feels comfortable.
What we liked and didn’t like about it
We loved the classic look of this black straw cowboy hat! It’s perfect for any western-lover who wants to add a touch of country to their style. We didn’t love how stiff the brim was, however. It took a little bit of breaking in to get it to sit right. Overall, though, this is a great hat for anyone looking for a stylish and affordable cowboy hat! The wide rim can be worn up or down, depending on your preference and will give you a nice shade from the sun on those hot summer days. The hat band has silver studs on it, which makes it stand out even more!
Where we can find more information on this
When it comes to cowboy hats, there are a lot of different options out there. But if you’re looking for a unique and stylish hat that will make you stand out from the rest, then the black straw cowboy hat is a perfect choice. It’s made with 100% natural materials, so you know it’s good for the environment. The brim is long enough to protect your face from the sun while still being fashionable, and its crown shape adds a new dimension to your head. The black color gives this hat an elegant touch that would go well with any outfit on any occasion, whether casual or formal. The texture also gives this hat a great feel as well as durability.
Where you can find it online
If you’re in the market for a cowboy hat, there are plenty of options to choose from. But if you want something that’s stylish and classic, look no further than the black straw cowboy hat. It is perfect for all occasions, whether it be summer days on the ranch or nights out on the town. And while they may seem like they require more care and maintenance, with proper care they can last years longer than other hats. The best part? They come in many different styles and colors!